Saturday, June 09, 2012

Whatta Day!!

So, today was carpet day!  I was so excited, I couldn't even sleep last night.  We had to be there at 9am, but they didn't show up till about 11. 

Here's the old pad in the master bedroom right before it got yanked out.
Robert and I helped clean up all the ceiling bits that didn't get taken out on the carpet.
Wooohooo . . . new carpet pad.
Oh . . . side note, I've decided to paint a couple of different colors.  I'm going to paint the kitchen the 3rd one down on the left.  It's called heirloom gold.  The 2nd one down in the middle is the paint we've been painting everything . . living room, bedrooms, etc.  The 6th one down on the right is the color we are going to use in the den walls.  It's called passion vine
























First piece of carpet brought into the house.  ooohhhhhhh, how exciting!!



















 We told them to back their truck right up to the front door . . . ohhhh, and Robert and I mowed and weed eated the front and back while we were waiting on them this morning.
They laid out the carpet on the yard to cut it before they brought it inside.
 
 While we were waiting on them to install the carpet, I decided to tackle taking out the blocked look thru window.  I un-screwed the wood on the other side, and then Robert busted out the sheet rock.














 






Then we just had to remove all those boards.  We are going to frame out the look thrus, so the damage will be covered up.  It looks so much better, and is so much brighter with it opened up. 
 
 OMG!!  Carpet is IN!!
 Woohoooooo!!
 And it's DONE!!  It's so beautiful.  I'm so happy with it.  It smells new, and it's clean and pretty!  I'm in LOVE!
 So after the carpet guys were done, we went to Lowe's.  Got me a new hummingbird feeder.  Isn't it cute!?































And I finally talked Robert into glossy latex (instead of oil based!).  Yiippeeee . . . it will dry faster and it's easier to clean up.  He sprayed on 3 coats on the bedroom doors and baseboards before we left for the evening.  Oh yeah, and there in the background is the new water heater that Robert helped install yesterday.  It works GREAT!  We even took a shower before we left for the evening.
 
I got some cute $5 hanging pots for the front porch.  It's finally looking like someone actually lives here.
Grass is getting green.  Can't WAIT to tackle all the flower beds.  I'm sooooooo ready to live here full time . . . especially after the phone calls from our JERK of a landlord at the rent house today.  Might have to move up the move date.  Can't wait to get out of Mansfield!!

No comments: