Friday, June 15, 2012

Only one week to go

Didn't realize I haven't posted to my blog all week until now . . .

Monday, I was tired and sore from the busy weekend, so I didn't go over there.  I came home and slept from 4pm until 5am.  I woke up for about an hour and a half to eat dinner.

Tuesday, I took the laptop over to the house because AT&T said I could set up my internet connection.  NOPE!!  Another hour on the phone with 3 different people, and can't try again until next week.  SIGH . . . I'm not real happy with them so far.  I hope I have better luck with Directv tomorrow, or I'm canceling both of them, and going back to Charter cable.  After that, I started cleaning up the kitchen walls to paint them.  I painted where the frig is going and the pantry . . . both places with big appliances I don't want to move later to paint.


Here's a pic with the tan on top, the original yellow at the bottom, and the new gold in the middle.  I don't think I like it??!  I think I'm gonna ditch it, and go back to the tan . .  What do you think?



I just think it's too "yellow"



I wanted something a little more "gold" and this looks too "buttercup" to me.




























So, Robert has been working on the baseboards and crown molding this week . . .

Wednesday, I stayed home again and packed some more . . . master bedroom stuff and master bath.  Mostly decor.  Robert worked more on the baseboards, and got a chop saw with a bigger blade.

Thursday, I went at lunch and looked at the sectional we want to get.  I had found one at Stacy's furniture for $2000, but after I told Robert that price (and he freaked) I started hunting down a cheaper alternative.  I found this one at Sam's Furniture in Haltom City.



















It will be flipped so that the chaise lounge is on the left next to the fireplace.  This one is $1200 for the sectional and ottoman.  Not crazy about the pillows, but that's easy enough to switch out.

After work, I went to Walmart to get more cleaning supplies.  Then I went to the house, and cleaned the guest bathroom and kitchen.  Robert had been using the sinks and tubs to clean up paint, and I wanted to clean it up before it got REALLY tough to get the paint up.

Today, Robert came up to my work at lunch, and I took him to check out the furniture.  I think in the next week or so, I'll go back and order it since it takes a couple of weeks to get it.

Robert's tired, so he didn't go to the house tonight.  I went to Garden Ridge for a little shopping. I was looking for barstools, but didn't find any I loved for the price.  I found a glider bench for the front porch, a small table for next to it, a small pot for flowers, an electric lantern for the table, and a small bird bath.  I'll post pictures of it tomorrow when I get it all set up.  We also got the chair hammock that I got for Robert for Father's Day in the mail from Amazon.  We'll put that up tomorrow too.   See ya then . . .

No comments: