Saturday, June 23, 2012

Finally home!!

Well, it's been a CAAAARAZY week.  Tuesday, I went into work and asked for the rest of the week off.  I had only planned on taking Friday off, but quickly realized that it wouldn't be enough time to get it all done. 

Wednesday, I came over and cleaned and cleaned to get everything ready to be liveable.  Robert found some scaffolding for $120 a month and set them up that afternoon.

Thursday was the day from HELL . . . Robert got up on the scaffolding, and I painted and scrubbed floors.  Robert about burned alive from the heat coming through those windows, and wasn't exactly in a good mood because of it.




 I ordered our first pizza.  Apparently Domino's is the ONLY pizza delivery place for our house.  Bummer.
 I painted the laundry room and the frig area the tan color so that we could move the appliances only once.


 I also brought over a couple of things that I didn't box for the movers.  Oh yeah, forgot to show ya'll my new toaster over/toaster.  You can put bread in the top to toast.  Our old toaster was buzzing when plugged in . . . didn't want it to burn the new house down.

 Hung my towel holder, and put my plant on the ledge.

 Also bought a curtain rod and black out curtains for our bedroom. I first got two, but it barely covered.  
 
 Cleaned the floors best I could . . .
 So, yesterday . . . we stayed in Mansfield all day and packed and got everything ready for the movers.  We had to go get the guest room bed out of storage, so that the movers could unload it at the new house along with everything else.

We were ready for the movers at 7:30am, but they were an hour late.  :(
 But they worked REALLY fast!!  We got it all in one load in 4 1/2 hours (cost us $530).  We ended up leaving our old gas grill on the curb, and the broken dining room table there.
 We are all moved in . . . but probably be awhile before we are unpacked.  I need to work on the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen tomorrow.  Here's all the before unpacking pics . . .

 Master Bedroom

 Master Bathroom
 My closet

 Entry Way
 Guest room above and hobby room below

 Living Room
 Linen Closet

 Another shot of the living room above, and dining room below

 Kitchen
 Laundry Room

 Den . .


another shot of the den below (notice my car right outside in the back yard!!  LOL)
 Robert's already building shelves for all our stuff (Christmas, storage, yard, paint, etc)  I'll post the finished product tomorrow.  He's already got two shelves full of stuff.
 Another shot of the garage



















Whatta day!!  So excited that we don't have to go back to Mansfield anymore.  We have our bed set up, directv going . . . and Robert can go work on stuff anytime he wants now. 

No comments: