Wednesday, June 06, 2012

New Floors

So, yesterday . . . Robert went to the house and did a "bang up" cleaning job.  Can't wait to see it!  I went by Sears to return the edger/weed eater/blower that I had bought.  Turns out, Robert already had the weed eater that will accept the attachments . . . and I thought the edger didn't work very good.  So, I'm on the lookout for a solo edger now.  I'll probably find a used one on craigslist or at a pawn shop.

I also signed up for Directv yesterday, and AT&T internet.  They were supposed to come out Saturday to install . . . but something got FUBAR!  After spending another hour on the phone with Directv, then AT&T, then Directv again - Directv is coming out the 16th, and AT&T is sending the modem for a self install.  I'm sure I'll have to set up a service call, because we yanked the low hanging phone line out of the house, so I doubt the internet will work??

Today, Robert scheduled all KINDS of stuff.  Tomorrow, the insurance claims adjuster is coming out to check out the water damaged floors.  Hopefully we'll get a couple of bucks to fix the wood floors.  He scheduled the water heater install for Friday after work.  He's having the ceiling guy come out on Saturday to give us an estimate to take off the popcorn ceiling in the living room and kitchen, retexture, and paint.  He talked to several different carpet guys, and he ended up coming up to my work at 3:00 to go pick out carpet in Dallas.  We found the guy on craigslist.  He has GREAT prices! http://www.shdistributing.com  We got a 50oz frieze for $1.99 a square foot - carpet, pad and install all included.  Robert was hoping to get all the carpet for $1500, but the max he was willing to pay was $1800 . . . we ended up paying $1886!!  wooohoooo  He also had GREAT prices on hard wood floors.  I'm sure we'll end up going back after we get our insurance claim.




















Hopefully we won't see the dirt Chili tracks in . . .or the coopenhagen crumbs Robert drops on the floor!  :)  They are coming out Saturday to install it!  I can't wait!




















Oh, and here's those house plans I'm been promising . . . (to see it larger, click on the picture, then right click on it and pick "view image" and then it will let you zoom in)






No comments: