Thursday, July 19, 2012

YEAH!! It's almost the weekend

But, we have so much to do!  I'll be getting the couch on Saturday, and hopefully we can put the TV on the wall.  I got the wall mounting brackets today in the mail.  We won't get the media center until Tuesday though.  I really need to mow this weekend too . . . and try to get some other random things done, and not just spend all weekend in the pool.  :)

Here's the pictures from Tuesday when Robert finished the stairs.  He did an AMAZING job compared to the last deck he built.  Wednesday, he closed in the open area under the deck, and it looks even better now.  He might extend the deck on the other side still, but it's pretty awesome as it is.  He took the stairs apart that come with the pool, and used them so that we can easily climb out on to the deck.  The last deck, we just had to hop up from the water.



















We had Myke, Natalie, and her sister Lauren over to enjoy the pool with us.



















Here's my new fireplace screen that I bought today.  I found it on craigslist for $30!  It's cast iron and heavy as HELL . . . which might make it difficult to move, but I love it.  I think I need to clean it up a little so that it's a little shinier and blacker.



















And here's my new side table that I bought today.  I found it on craigslist too.  It was $70, and brand new in the box.  It did have part of the drawer that was broken, but it's on the inside of the drawer, and Robert is fixing it.  The top matches the floors exactly, and I think the stain and black paint will match the media center really well.
 And then today, Natalie and her sister came over and cleaned the floors.  I'm gonna give them some cash for their time.  They look soooo much better without all that paint on them!

No comments: