Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It's been awhile . . .

. . . and since I'm home sick today (sore throat, fever, congestion), thought I'd post the latest.  Mom and Dad came to visit last week, and since my Mom and my husband are about the only people that look at this blog, I didn't think I needed to post any updates!  LOL

Here's my new arrangement I made for the kitchen table.  The old arrangement is now in the living room, since it has reds in it. I got the flowers from Michaels, the container from Kirklands, and the filler in the container from Pier One.  I already had the candles.


I got a table runner and placemats from Target.  The dishes I bought on Amazon, and the pear is from Home Goods.  I have four of the six chairs covered now.  I love the new fabric so much . . I might not even paint the furniture now!




















 I took these pictures one day last week as I left for work.  SOOOOoooo gorgeous!!



















Robert and my dad put together the entertainment center I found online last Tuesday.  I think it looks really good.  Robert put some molding up to hide the cables, and patched the hole in the wall (just hasn't painted it yet).  I bought a bunch of frames at Goodwill this weekend that I'm going to paint black and hang on this wall around the TV and the other pictures up now.
I got the clock on the left at Big Lots, I already had that lantern thingy and the tray that I made in the middle.  The box on the right I got at Tuesday morning, and the candle holder is from Big Lots.


































All the decor is put up around the fire place.  Still need an old antique ladder or something tall for the left side of the fireplace.  I can hang blankets from the rungs of the ladder.  Any other ideas??  It looks very unbalanced.
I got the frame for around the thermostat from Hobby Lobby.  I already had the cross.  We still need to get a new door for the utility closet.

 Here's the full view of the living room.  I got new pillows at Kirklands (already had the beaded pillow), and the gold furry blanket is from Pier One.  It's soooooo soft.  I'm keeping the tray on the media center, since Chili likes to lay on the ottoman.

 Here's the shelves all put together.  I took all the jackets off the books, and kept the pretty ones and ones I counted otherwise part with.  The ugly ones (LOL) are on the bottom shelf. 
Fireplace all put together.  I think the birds are finally gone from the chimney!

 Closeup of the art and sconces on the wall.

The light in the entry way kinda messed up the picture, but I think all this finally goes well in the entry way.
Ohhh . . . and there's the end table that I bought on Craigslist for $70, and here's the other end table I bought this weekend at an antique shop for $40.  Since I sit on the side with the chaise most often, I needed somewhere for my drink!!


No comments: