Sunday, July 15, 2012

Did we win the lottery??

It feels like it as much as we are spending these days!!

Friday I bought a dishwasher . . . but I got a SUPER deal on it.  I found it on craigslist.  When an appliance gets rejected for whatever reason in a high end new home, this guy buys them and sells them at a lower price.  He said this had an issue that he fixed.  It's a $1350 dishwasher made my KitchenAid, and I got it for $400!!  He was asking $450, but I offered $400.  woohoooo  Robert installed it today, and it was NOT fun.  He had to cut the wire to the old one, buy new wire and hard wire it . . . then he had to go BACK to Lowe's to get the 90 degree water fitting that we didn't know we needed.  After all, it's washing the first load of dishes right now.  It's soooo quiet.

Here's the new one (on the left) next to the old one . . . resting while Robert went to Lowe's for parts.
 Here's the new one all installed.  It's so purty!!




















Then, the next purchase was a NEW CAR!!  Yippeee  I traded in my Hyundai Santa Fe for a Nissan Rogue.  It's pearl white.  They gave me $8500 for my trade-in, and the new one was 25,000 less a 2,000 rebate.  My payments are only $325 a month (about half of what the Santa Fe's payments were before I paid it off).  It's so nice to have a car that I don't need . . . new tires, new brakes, shocks, and umpteen different things that need to be fixed.





















Thennnnn . . . we bought a pool!  We decided that it was gonna be awhile before we put a REAL pool in, so we got a quickie pool at Walmart for $279.  Robert put it together yesterday, and we've already gone swimming in it.
 He's building a wood deck so that we sit with our feet in the water . . then it started pouring.  :(



















Shari came by Friday and picked up the old TV and entertainment center, so now we need to go buy our new TV and find a media cabinet.  We are getting a 55 inch flat screen at Walmart.  It's $728.  I'll get it one day this week.  I'm still looking for our media cabinet, but here's two I like . . .
http://i.walmartimages.com/i/mp/MP/10/00/51/44/MP10005144382_P321166_500X500.jpg
This one is from Walmart, and the other one is from Target.  Neither one of them are carried in the store, so I guess I need to figure out what I'm getting.  I think I'll go by the unclaimed freight furniture store tomorrow, and if I don't find something I like, I'll probably order the first one.
Coventry Large TV/Media Stand.Opens in a new window
OK, well . . . before I finished publishing this, I ordered the first one!  LOL  It was $299, no shipping, no tax . . . and will be here next week.  I still need an end table, but I might find something cheap at a flea market or craigslist, and paint it black?

Taped off the measurements of the new cabinet and TV . . . gosh, it's big!!

No comments: