Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lights, Ceilings, and Birds

Robert went to shoot the texture on the ceiling in the master bedroom today after work.  I helped him a little, and took picture of the lights in the kitchen so I could go SHOPPING!

Here's the lights under the cabinets.  I'm missing a couple of the "bulbs", so I need to figure out what kind they are and get some more.
 Here's another shot of under the cabinets . . .
 
 This is the light in the dining area.  I think it's too long for above the bar, so it's probably going on craigslist, unless I can find another place for it.  It's one of the few fixtures in the house I actually LIKE, it's just not large enough.
 
 Here's a close up of the lights over the bar.  It still has a sticker that says "Made in Italy".  I'm sure they are nice, just not our style.  These WILL be going on craigslist. 
Here's a close up of the track lighting in the kitchen.  I could tell from the ceiling that they used to have a florescent lighting fixture that ran length wise between the vent and the smoke detector.
Here's the light over the sink.  I think we need a short pendant light here.  (and we need to get rid of the scallop trim)
I think if we just pull of the scallop trim, it will be pretty easy to put some crown molding between the doors and the sofit.
The previous owners retro-fitted the microwave in this cabinet space, and put baskets up above in this opening.  I think I'll probably put some greenery or something.  Or . . . I might have to make something decorative.
Here's the stove top that doesn't work.  It looks like the "plug" needs to be hard wired, because it's not connected to anything underneath the cabinet.
Hooked up my new tractor sprinkler in the backyard.  It works great!
  



 Robert started shooting the texture on the master bedroom ceiling today.  It looked pretty tough to do, and the box of texture that he bought didn't cover the whole ceiling.  He'll have to finish it, and go back over some of the spots this weekend.
















 



 After he shoots it on, he lets it dry for a couple of minutes, then you have to knock it down with this tool . . . and then it looks like the texture of an orange peel.



























 
The ceiling in the living room will have to be hired out . . . no way Robert can do 16 foot high ceilings.

I don't know what I'm going to do with all this cabinet space!!  In my current kitchen, I have 7 small drawers, 3 upper cabinets, and 4 lower cabinets  . . . I have like 4 times as much in this kitchen!




















 
Before I left, I just sat on the back deck watching the birds in the backyard.  It's so peaceful back there . . . I could sit there for hours.

No comments: