Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Kitchen Lighting??

Now that we have electricity, I'm thinking about what we should do with the lighting situation in the kitchen.  This track lighting is NOT going to cut it.  It's not our style (want more of a oil rubbed bronze fixture), and it's SOOOO not bright enough.  I'm used to these ugly florescent fixtures that we have in the kitchen here in Mansfield, because it's SO bright.  It looks like I'm going to have some space issues, because of the AC vent and the smoke detector right next to it?  So, before we mess with getting the popcorn ceiling down . . . we need to figure out the lighting, in case we have to wire and create holes for can lighting (or whatever??)
 
These red fixtures have GOT to go!  And the light over the kitchen table is WAY too small.  I might just move that light over the bar (if it's not too long?)  We need a bigger fixture for the dining area.  I can't remember if there is a light over the sink too?  I'll have to take more pictures tomorrow, and go shopping!


No comments: