Sunday, May 27, 2012

Getting in the grove

So much so, that I keep forgetting to take pictures.  We both left work at 3:00 on Friday and worked till dark.  Saturday, we got up and went to Lowe's first thing in the morning, then came back and got Chili and worked till dark again.

Friday, Robert started painting the bedroom ceiling.  It looks so much better painted!  He went thru a whole gallon of ceiling paint, and didn't even cover the whole ceiling.



















He also textured the other ceilings in the bedrooms, entry way and hallway.  I was the "gopher" and cleaned up trash and other messes.  I also unloaded all the stuff from my car, and put it away . . . and helped Robert clean up the texture hopper and paint tools.

Saturday, we went to Lowe's and spent my entire paycheck (just kidding, but it was close!).  We got a 5 gallon bucket of ceiling paint, a 5 gallon bucket of wall paint, and 1 gallon of trim paint.  (We'll get $45 back in rebates on the paint)  We also got a bunch of random painting tools . . . trim brush, drop cloths, sanding blocks, blue tape, masking paper, and extra paint rollers.  I got some cleaning supplies for the kitchen, a flag for the front porch, and returned those under cabinet lights.

The BIG ticket item was this . . .
 Zoomed: Graco Paint Sprayer
Robert  decided that he needed a airless paint sprayer.  He said painting would go MUCH faster, and I wouldn't have to paint!!  It was bigger and more expensive that I thought we were going to get, but I think we'll get our moneys worth, since we need to paint the outside of the house too.  He's already painted all of the ceilings that he re-textured.  (Master bedroom, guest bedroom, hobby room, hallway and entryway)

I spent the whole day on the kitchen.  I cleaned the cabinets, ripped out the old cabinet liners, and re-lined all the drawers and cabinets.  It took me quite a while to get in the "groove" on that damn cabinet liner.  arrgghhhhh  It's such a pain!  In the end, went thru 4 rolls of this adhesive liner for all the cabinet shelves . .
Con-Tact® Ceative Covering Shelf Liner.Opens in a new window

 Two rolls of this in half some of the drawers . .
Con-Tact® Grip Pints Shelf Liner 3-pk.

And one roll of this in the rest of the drawers . .
Con-Tact® Pro Grip Shelf Liner
Spent ALL day in the kitchen, cleaning them with Murphy's oil and lining those damn cabinets!  Tried to line the back side of the upper cabinets with the first paper, but it kept falling down . . . so ended up ripping it all out.  Probably wasted a whole roll of that paper. 

So, now I'm waiting for Robert to wake up (wish I could sleep in later than 6am on the weekends!!) . . . and then it's back to Lowe's for more paint, and another full day of work. 



No comments: