So, on Monday I planted the Azaleas, mums, and begonias in the back yard flower bed, and hooked up the soaker hose. Now that the backyard was (well, atleast the part that I'm doing THIS year), I needed to move on to the front yard.
I thought I had better "before pictures" of the front flower beds, but these are the only ones I could find. They were SOOO much worse than this! sigghhh
This is the rosemary and lavender that was on the right side, and it was SO overgrown, that when I tried it trim it back it looked awful . . . so it got yanked. It was a LOT of rosemary. Luckily, I saved the smaller one of the left side, so we still have rosemary. The lavender is gone. It had grown sideways from the rosemary crowding it, and just looked bad. I may plant another one?
Here is the flower bed by the front door, and I didn't change anything with this one since I took this picture, but you can kinda see how over grown the rosemary was.
NOW, for the after pictures. Here's the flower bed by the front door. I haven't changed anything in this one, but the blue flower ground cover has really taken off.
The stone border was also falling over. I had to reset most of it, and move it out a couple of inches around the tree because of all the roots.
Another angle of the bird bath (with a mosquito donut in it.) I didn't fix the border on this side. It wasn't too bad, and there are some ant beds on this side. :( Plus, I did the other side yesterday, and this side yesterday . . . and I was TIRED!