Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 78 of 365


Exercise plan - TAKE 2: (bear with me, this might be a LONGGGG blog post today) . . . so I was brainstorming the other day, trying to think what actually WORKED when I've lost weight, and it has ALWAYS been a commitment to exercise. In 97, when Lyle died, and I had NO life, I would come home EVERY night and walk for an hour (imagining him pushing me with his hands on my ass! LOL) Last year, it was using activtrax.com (it's kinda like a computerized personal trainer) and going to the gym atleast 3 times a week. It held me accountable, and I could see the progress which kept me motivated. When Ian moved in here, Robert got us a "family" membership to his gym, and I dropped my membership to the woman's gym and activtrax. Then the holidays, and allergies, and more holidays, and more laziness, and I'm back to where I was before activtrax . . .

So, yesterday I went and rejoined my old gym, and logged into activtrax and found that all my old info was still there. The last time I had logged a workout was July of 2008! uugggghhhh I did another strength test last night, and am ready to start working out. I found out last night that I can go to ANY Lady of America gym, and there is one 5 miles from my work (the one by the house is so close I could walk!) I checked out the one by my work today, and said I'd be coming in tomorrow with workout clothes. This afternoon, I came up with my "plan", and put it all in my calendar so that it would remind me thru my cellphone. I told Robert ALL about it, and now I'm telling you . . . so that I have EVERYONE helping me stay accountable. I also printed out the "plan" and put it RIGHT ABOVE my work computer monitor, and hung my next activtrax workout right next to my monitor (see today's picture).

Sooooo . . . here's the plan:
Mornings: Monday thru Friday from 6:20 am to 6:40 am, I'm gonna be on the Treadmill. Nothing to fast, just MOVIN. I'm gonna do a mile, so that's a speed of 3 mph . . but I'm gonna sprint for just one minute right in the middle. Saturday morings I get to sleep in. Sunday mornings, I get to watch CBS Sunday morning (it's my little personal tradition), and get to the gym as soon as they open at 10am to work out. 10 minute treadmill warmup, 30 minute weights per activtrax, 5 minute ab workout per activtrax, 20 minutes cardio (I like the treadmill), and then home.
Lunchtime: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 11:15 to 12:00, 10 minute treadmill warmup and 30 mintes weights per activtrax. Since lunchtime at work is sometimes unpredictable, if I can't make it at these times, I'm giving myself 23 hours to "make it up" . . . so I either have to go to the gym that night, or I have to get up at 5 when the gym opens the next morning!
Evenings: Sunday thru Thursday (I'm giving my self Friday and Saturday nights off) - at 7:50, I'm doing 100 situps (or the activtrax ab workout from lunch that I didn't have time for on Monday, Wednesday and Friday). From 8 to 9, I'll be on the treadmill. I'm not gonna kill myself, probably just 3 mph with that 1 minute sprint every 10 minutes. I figure as the weeks go by, I might want to increase from 3mph, but this is good for now. Just so that I'm MOVING!

This gives me Friday afternoon thru Sunday morning to be LAZY (and I LOVE being LAZY!) . . . but I also don't think this is too much. I did the math, and I OWE it to myself to spend 12 hours a week to better my health (and my weight! LOL . . . got 40 lbs to loose). Out of my week, it's only 7% of my time . . .

I sleep 33% of the week
I work 27% of the week
I'm gonna workout 7% of the week
I eat 6% of the week
I'm in traffic 6% of the week
I spend 4% of the week on hygeine (LOL)
. . . this leaves me with 17% of my week to do WHATEVER I WANT! This is NOT unreasonable, is it? 17% is 28 hours, so 4 hours a day . . I owe it to myself to atleast spend as much time working out as I do eating! LOLL

No comments: