Saturday, July 07, 2012

Renovation Hangover

Yesterday, I just didn't have the "want to" to go to work . . . so after hitting snooze on my alarm 3 times, I sent an email to my boss @ 5:30am saying I was taking a vacation day.  Of course, I didn't go back to sleep . . . but I laid around for a couple of hours.  I had contacted someone off of craigslist about a kitchen table a couple of days ago.  It was a table with only 5 chairs for $150.  It was an option, but not a perfect one.  I texted them again yesterday morning to see if they still had it available, and since I didn't hear back immediately, I checked out craigslist for other options . . . and I found the PERFECT alternative.  It was a table, 4 chairs, 2 arm chairs, a hutch, and a sofa table for $400.  I contacted them immediately to find out if it was still available, and she said it was.  I had to go to Robert's work to get his truck, and was at their house in Cleburne by noon to purchase it.  The table, chairs and sofa table all fit in my truck.  Luckily, they were moving to Burleson (that's why they were selling the table), and would put the hutch in their truck and follow me home to deliver it.  What a DEAL!!  I unloaded it all and brought it in the house by the time Robert got home.  He just had to help me put the top part on the hutch.

I'm going to switch out the placement of the sofa table and the old hutch holding my cook books, but just haven't done it yet.

 I'm going to move my cookbooks on the new hutch, and decorate it better.  It is going to be the "bar" though.  Not sure what I'll do with the old wine rack next to it, since it doesn't really go.  Maybe I'll move the wine cabinet to the entry way????

 The chair cushions need to be recovered (the green gingham isn't really my style), but not sure with what yet.  If I stain the wood, I'll probably put black cushions, If I paint or antique the wood black, I'm probably use more of a gold color for the cushions?  I also need a new centerpiece.  Those flowers will be used in the living room (or den) since they are red, and my kitchen colors are gold/yellow and black.




















Oh yeah, Thursday I got a couple of things at Lowe's during lunch.  I new rolling trash can for the garage, 2 more lights for the living room ceiling, and a cute houseplant for the kitchen look thru window.



















So yesterday, after unloading all the new furniture, UPS delivered my new stove top. Robert tried to hard wire it today, but I think we need an electrician to make sure it's done correctly.  We'll wait till Monday, and see if one that Robert knows can help.  I'm anxious to use it though!




















I think we are gonna have to get a new dishwasher too.  Bummer!  It doesn't seem to be getting the dishes clean or dry.  Maybe the electrician can check it out too?

So, yesterday evening we had our first dinner guests.  Robert cooked steaks, chicken and corn on the cob on the grill.  I made smashed potatoes, french bread, and baked beans inside.  It was a fantastic dinner if I do say so myself (our guests, Myke and Natalie agreed!!).  We also made my special recipe homemade cheesecake ice cream.  Then came lots of beer . . . which amounted to sleeping late today, naps, and getting nothing done!  LOL



No comments: