Monday, May 14, 2012

Blog Renovation . . .

Well, I obviously gave up on the picture a day thing about a year ago.  (but, they are still fun to look back at!)  So, after 6 months of pure torture trying to buy this foreclosure, and being about a week away from closing (GOD I HOPE THIS TIME!!!) . . I thought this blog would be a good place to keep track of all the before and afters, the dollars saved, the home-made projects, etc.

So, let's start with Sunday's project that bled into today.  We used to have a down comforter with a duvet cover.  I've had it for years, before I even met Robert (which was 5 years ago), so way past time to be replaced.  Plus, Robert hated it because it was too warm.  I told him I would hunt down a quilt . . and then in the winter I'd put a blanket into the mix and maybe even a down comforter folded at the bottom.  I shopped online Saturday night, and sadly realized I had champagne taste on a beer budget . . .there was NO way I was paying $500 for a quilt (or even over $100) when Chili, our Rottweiler, loves to jump up in the bed.  I went out shopping on Sunday thinking that I wouldn't have much luck, but the VERY first stop I made (Kohls) I found the PERFECT quilt!  It was $80, then with the 15% off I got it for $68.  That's my kinda deal.  They didn't have the shams, but didn't really want them anyway.  Then I was off to Sears, where they had pillows buy one get one free . . . so I got two king size pillows for $25, and 2 standard pillows for $20.  They are supposed to keep you cooler.  Then I got a set of tan sheets, and a pair of brown pillow cases (don't remember the prices on those, don't think they were on sale?)  Then, today I went hunting for some cute pillows at Target.  The white one was $20, and the blue one was $25.
Fieldcrest® Luxury Mop Decorative Pillow - CreamTarget Home™ Floral Applique Decorative Pillow
The blue one is way cuter than this picture makes it look.  The white stitching is really handmade looking.  So, here's the finished project.  I already had the throw, and all the other accessories.  

No comments: